Thursday 6 November 2014

Sewing Magazine Party!

Earlier this week, I was browsing on Kijiji (Canada's version of Craigslist) and I found someone selling a bunch of old sewing magazines for cheap. So I emailed and we arranged to meet up and closed the deal!

I'm pretty excited because I think I got a pretty awesome deal. Altogether, I got 30 magazines for $20! Here's the breakdown of what I got:


13 Burda World of Fashion (July 2004 - August 2006)
1 Burda Petite E802 (not sure of year)
2 Australian Stitches (2001)
1 Ann Person Make It Fun & Easy (1980)
1 Pfaff Creative No. 2
1 Vogue (April/May 2004)
1 Sew Beautiful (2001)
10 Threads (Nov. 1998-May 2006)


So a lot of stuff from the early-mid-2000's with a few older ones thrown in. I haven't had a chance to look through most of them yet, but I've already found a jacket I'm dying to make. So scary to think that the seller's boyfriend wanted to throw all of these into the recycling!

In other sewing magazine news, has everyone heard about the new sewing magazine from Colette patterns: Seamwork? If you still haven't signed up for the preview, you can do so here. You'll even be entered to win a subscription (and if you use my link, I will get a second entry).

No comments:

Post a Comment